Financial Support Programme
Fáilte Ireland offers a suite of financial supports to help attract association conferences to Ireland. Financial assistance broadly falls into three categories; bid support, site inspection and marketing support.
In order to qualify for financial support;
You must have a minimum of 100 international delegates in attendance at the conference
You must complete the support application at least 6 months prior to the conference
The three categories of financial support are bid support, site inspection and marketing support.
Fáilte Ireland offers financial contribution to support the conference bid including assistance with the design and print of bid materials and the cost of travel, accommodation and meals to present the bid at the preceding conference.
The marketing support fund may be used towards activities to help maximise the number of international delegates attending the conference. Activities covered include welcome reception, gala dinner, social programme and in addition print costs, website costs and other activities related to organising the conference.
Fáilte Ireland upweights its financial support in favour of conferences:
- That have content focused on sustainability, and that are delivered with sustainability at their core.
- That take place outside of Dublin, or that are held during the months of October to March.
- Where delegate numbers are in excess of 1,000.
- Where delegates stay in Ireland for more than 2 nights.
Site Inspection Support
Fáilte Ireland offers site inspection funding to contribute towards travel costs to Ireland for up to three key decision makers. This includes standard flights, accommodation and meal costs. Only one site inspection is supported and visits to other destinations, as part of the same journey will reduce funding.
Destination Ireland support
Fáilte Ireland is in the process of developing specific guidelines for the business tourism industry.
During these times, Fáilte Ireland is offering financial support to help you bring delegates to Ireland when it is safe to do so. Find out more about the supports available for corporate meetings, incentive programmes and association conferences or book a one-on-one chat with a Meet in Ireland team member by filling out our contact form.
Fáilte Ireland’s MICE Supports Guidelines Covid-19 Response Scheme
Fáilte Ireland have made the following temporary amendments to the current Guidelines for MICE supports to help key decision makers choose Ireland to host their next international business event:
- An additional €1,000 will be made available to support the costs of hosting a virtual site inspection.
- An increase in Programme Enhancement funding to a flat fee of €30 per international delegate up to a maximum of €100,000 per event. *Participative Sporting Events are not eligible.
- 50% of the Programme Enhancement funding will be available for drawndown one year prior to the event taking place, once the event is confirmed for Ireland.
- Penalties will only apply should the event deliver less than 50% of the number of international delegates proposed in the funding application.
FUNDING AMOUNTS AVAILABLE
- Fáilte Ireland will continue to support costs related to bidding for international Association events. Costs incurred to deliver a virtual bid will now also be eligible.
Site Inspection Funding
- Fáilte Ireland will continue to support Site Inspections. Costs incurred to deliver virtual site inspections will now also be eligible. An additional €1,000 has been added to support any development costs for virtual activity. Support will be available for one virtual site inspection and one in-person site inspection. Funding for the virtual site inspection will be paid on costs incurred and on submission of the claim as per letter of offer. Please specify in the application form the year the virtual and the in-person site inspection are due to take place, if known. Funding is based on the number of international delegates attending the event. Site inspection thresholds apply as per table below:
|International Delegate Numbers||In person Site Inspection
|Virtual Site Inspection
|50 – 499||2,000||1,000|
|500 – 699||3,000||1,000|
|700 – 999||4,000||1,000|
|1,000 – 2,999||5,000||1,000|
Fáilte Ireland also offers access to our presentation toolkit with images and videos to help sell Ireland to stakeholders. We can also introduce you to our network of approved partners including Professional Conference Organisers or Regional Convention Bureaux.
How to apply
Please complete an online application on the Meet In Ireland website.
An assessment committee will review, and then approve if the criteria is met. You will receive a letter of offer. This process may take up to four working weeks.
How to Handle Claims
If your financial support application is approved, you will be sent an invoice log and post evaluation form. After the activity has taken place i.e. bid, site or marketing support please complete and return to firstname.lastname@example.org within 12 weeks.