Corporate Meetings & Incentive Travel
Financial Support Programme
Fáilte Ireland offers a suite of financial supports to help attract corporate meetings and incentive trips to Ireland.Support is available for site inspection hosting and programme enhancement.
In order to qualify for financial support;
You must have a minimum of 50 international delegates, or the economic value of the ground arrangements is in excess of €75,000.
The event must be at bid stage. Support will not be provided to events which have already been confirmed to take place in Ireland.
You must submit your application a minimum of 2 months in advance of the programme. Retrospective applications cannot be supported.
Please note, an ‘in principle offer’ is not an offer of financial support.
You must complete the application process in order to receive confirmation of support.
The two categories of supports are as follows:
Site Inspection Support
Site inspection funding should be applied for in advance of the site inspection taking place. The site inspection fund covers standard flights to Ireland, accommodation, meals and transportation, for a maximum of three days and for up to three decision makers. Only one site inspection is supported and visits to other destinations, as part of the same journey will reduce funding.
Funding for programme enhancement is based on the number of days the event is taking place and the number of international delegates the piece of business is bringing into the country. Fáilte Ireland offers funding to contribute towards welcome receptions, social excursions, transportation and entertainment.
Fáilte Ireland upweights its financial support in favour of:
- Events where the planner appoints a Fáilte Ireland approved Destination Management Company.
- Events that have content focused on sustainability, and that are delivered with sustainability at their core.
- Events that take place outside of Dublin, or that are held during the months of October to March.
- Events where delegate numbers are in excess of 1,000.
- Events where delegates stay in Ireland for more than 2 nights.
Destination Ireland support
Fáilte Ireland is in the process of developing specific guidelines for the business tourism industry.
During these times, Fáilte Ireland is offering financial support to help you bring delegates to Ireland when it is safe to do so. Find out more about the supports available for corporate meetings, incentive programmes and association conferences or book a one-on-one chat with a Meet in Ireland team member by filling out our contact form.
FUNDING AMOUNTS AVAILABLE
- Fáilte Ireland will continue to support costs related to bidding for international Association events. Costs incurred to deliver a virtual bid will now also be eligible.
Site Inspection Funding
- Fáilte Ireland will continue to support Site Inspections. Costs incurred to deliver virtual site inspections will now also be eligible. An additional €1,000 has been added to support any development costs for virtual activity. Support will be available for one virtual site inspection and one in-person site inspection. Funding for the virtual site inspection will be paid on costs incurred and on submission of the claim as per letter of offer. Please specify in the application form the year the virtual and the in-person site inspection are due to take place, if known. Funding is based on the number of international delegates attending the event. Site inspection thresholds apply as per table below:
|International Delegate Numbers||In person Site Inspection
|Virtual Site Inspection
|50 – 499||2,000||1,000|
|500 – 699||3,000||1,000|
|700 – 999||4,000||1,000|
|1,000 – 2,999||5,000||1,000|
Fáilte Ireland also offers access to our presentation toolkit with images and videos to help sell Ireland to stakeholders. We can also introduce you to our network of approved partners including Professional Conference Organisers or Regional Convention Bureaux.
How to apply
Please complete an online application on the Meet In Ireland website.
An assessment committee will review, and then approve if the criteria is met. You will receive a letter of offer. This process may take up to four working weeks.
How to Handle Claims
If your financial support application is approved, you will be sent an invoice log and post evaluation form. After the activity has taken place i.e. bid, site or marketing support please complete and return to email@example.com within 12 weeks.